the life and times of a wandering jew

2.10.2007

Put Your Hands in the Air

Apparently I was enthusiastic enough at the "1 vs. 100" taping...I got some decent screen time from the producers. Most of it involved me wildly clapping with my hands over my head, or like this picture to the left, showing my solidarity with the Black Power movement. If you didn't see it, I got knocked out of the mob on the third question. And of all the questions to get knocked out on..."How many states start with the word "New?" The choices were 3, 4, or 5. Now, as a mob member, you only have 15 seconds to answer, and for whatever reason I could only think of New Hampshire and New Mexico. I figured I was missing at least one, so I said three. How could I forget about New York and New Jersey? Probably the two easiest ones? Good question. I'm going to blame it on early onset Alzheimer's. Because of the 100 people I was playing against, I guarantee you that I was the only person in the room that had actually BEEN to all four states in the past six months. So the fact that I'd miss THAT question is rather ironic and embarrassing. Thanks to Robin Goldstein of Schnauzer Logic for the screen caps:



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Take a hard look at that last picture. I think we found the son of Dr. Evil. Yeah, Baby!

Oh, behave.

Robin Diane Goldstein said...

actually i think we found his cousin, the well known chiropractor:

Dr. Med Evil